version sold on GOG
1. Download the scripts, and put them in the directory containing the installer:
gog_planescape_torment_184.108.40.206.sh play-anything.sh play-planescape-torment_gog-220.127.116.11.sh
2. Install the scripts dependencies:
apt-get install fakeroot icoutils unzip
3. Run the script:
4. Wait a couple minutes, The script will end by giving you the commands to launch as root to install the game.
This script accept several options to set its behaviour. Follow the links to more details on how to use them.
Like a lot of Windows games published before the 16:9/16:10 screens became “the norm”, Planescape: Torment display can get messed up on these. The following method will give you a way to run the game in a window to avoid this.
1. Run the following command to get acces to the configuration screen for the Planescape: Torment WINE prefix:
2. In the configuration window, go on the “Graphics” tab;
3. Check “Emulate a virtual desktop”, and put your desktop resolution in the “Desktop size” fields;
4. Close the window with “OK”.
5. Done, from the next launch Planescape: Torment will run in a window that will automatically scale to its resolution. You can go back to fullscreen mode at any time by running the WINE configuration screen and uncheck “Emulate a virtual desktop”.