logo Debian Debian Debian-France Debian-Facile Debian-fr.org Forum-Debian.fr Debian ? Communautés logo inclusivité

Debian-facile

Bienvenue sur Debian-Facile, site d'aide pour les nouveaux utilisateurs de Debian.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 05-06-2019 16:02:52

AYA
Banni(e)

HOW can I delete the SLEEPING MODE screen in DFlinux STRETCH [resolu]

hello friends,  the SLEEPING MODE screen in DFlinux STRETCH rev2, sort of forces me to re enter my LOG IN DATA in to retrieve my livescreen, this is most ennoying, and I would like to delete this SLEEPING MODE SCREEN...... but I dont know how to do it, do u have a clue on how to do this ? (the easiest n most efficient way possible, and in a language understandable by newbies, please)... THANK U

Dernière modification par AYA (05-06-2019 21:38:52)

#2 05-06-2019 16:18:56

Caribou22
Br3izhG33k =)
Lieu : 22, Côtes d'Armor, Bretagne
Distrib. : Debian Stable
Noyau : Sans pépins
(G)UI : Xfce, Gnome
Site Web

Re : HOW can I delete the SLEEPING MODE screen in DFlinux STRETCH [resolu]

Hello and thanks for this feedback about DFlinux smile

Go to the settings of Xfce4 (accessible via the "Whisker" menu. Next, search the power settings (gestionnaire d'alimentation, in French). Then go to the tab "Security" and apply these settings :
1559748853.png
(Disable the automatic lock of the session and uncheck the screen lock after standby (=veille ?)

You can also check the other tabs settings.

PS : How did you discover DFlinux and this forum ? big_smile

Dernière modification par Caribou22 (05-06-2019 16:19:47)

#3 05-06-2019 17:06:57

AYA
Banni(e)

I discovered DFlinux by testing almost all versions of LINUX, (most of them are not easy setting up and most of them are not out of the box functionning) only two found my liking, it was LINUX MINT and later DFlinux, (always XFCE i like) but now DFlinux is much better than LINUXmint for my personnal use, I have it on 3 different harddrives AND two different usb keys, SO THAT i DO NOT DEPEND ON A BUG and or an UPGRADE that deletes it all, as it happened before on my old version of DFlinux...... I find DFlinux very stable compared to mint, and all the upgrade I did recently, did not bug it down, so thats a good token to add to DFlinux, I recommand it to all those from window that want to try linux.....but it did not completly replace window yet, specially in music making, where window is still the TOP of the TOP;;;;;; NOT ENOUGH graphical softwares in DFlinux yet, and I dont like code lines, i dont like to read texts in order to do an action, but DFlinux is still the best for newbies to linux...it can only GROW to be the BEST n why not someday REPLACE ENTIRELY WINDOW, at least this is what I wish to DFlinux.......

I think developpers of DFlinux should work with HERMANN SEIB so that we could have a VSTHOST in DFlinux that could read all VSTI, VST EFFECTS.....  http://hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

#4 05-06-2019 17:26:30

Debian Alain
Membre
Lieu : Bretagne
Distrib. : sid (unstable) / bullseye (stable)
Noyau : Linux sid 6.4.0-3-amd64
(G)UI : Gnome X.org (X11) / GDM3
Site Web

Hello AYA.  smile  smile  smile

I understand your desire to push a system to perfection that, after all, according to you, is already not so bad.

DFL's goal is not to bring the ultimate solution to linux lovers but to introduce them to a new world for them.

DFL is not perfect but its developers hope it represents a good starting point.

there is no desire here to compete with MINT, UBUNTU, or any other distribution... just to offer the most pleasant alternative possible to beginners under linux.

if you want to push the discovery of linux further through the world of music,
there is an interesting distribution: LIBRAZIK .
if you are looking for, you will also find applications like LMMS, for example...

I wish you good adventures and wonderful discoveries in the world of linux...

Alain

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

librazik studio audio

librazik blog

linux  M.A.O.  librazik

L.M.M.S.

Dernière modification par Debian Alain (05-06-2019 17:31:00)

#5 05-06-2019 18:27:36

AYA
Banni(e)

thank u alain; I UNDERSTAND ur point of view, but I was not thinking of competition with others, i was just thinking to do a more """perfect tool''"" for newbies, because some newbies like me will never like the gaz factories that are ubuntu n mint, too complex for my ungeeked brain to use.... AND sure many are like me, that would do with a more graphical DFlinux in anyway,

most people are lazies u know, not all of them want to investigate endless time in learning lines of codes to do things that windows does by clickin on an icone, if u see what I mean .... SIMPLE is COMPLEXE TO DO, but what most peole like is SIMPLE.... and DFlinux is already half way through with this..... and i guess u would like it to be more known, to attrackt more fundings ?????

#6 05-06-2019 18:35:32

AYA
Banni(e)

Caribou22 a écrit :

Hello and thanks for this feedback about DFlinux smile

Go to the settings of Xfce4 (accessible via the "Whisker" menu. Next, search the power settings (gestionnaire d'alimentation, in French). Then go to the tab "Security" and apply these settings :
http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/thumb/1559748853.png
(Disable the automatic lock of the session and uncheck the screen lock after standby (=veille ?)

You can also check the other tabs settings.

PS : How did you discover DFlinux and this forum ? big_smile

OK, big fail here, i dont know how to access Xfce4, dont know where to find it ? the links Xfce i found IN MY MENUz did not offer me the tabs u mentionned here and i have not seen "" whisker "" on my DFversion, so could u detail the procedure from scratch for me, (like u would do to a baby), to be able to find it ???? if u please of course ???

#7 05-06-2019 18:55:53

Debian Alain
Membre
Site Web

do you see , in these photos , the two ways to join the "power settings panel"  ("gestionnaire d'alimentation Xfce" in french ) ?

1559756787-virtualbox-essai-05-06-2019-19-43-39.png

1559756787-virtualbox-essai-05-06-2019-19-42-53.png

and in this photo , you only have to uncheck  the little case in front of the line "locks screen when system gets ... " ("verrouiller l'écran quand le systeme se met en veille" in french )

1559756787-virtualbox-essai-05-06-2019-19-44-20.png

I hope it will be understandable to you.  smile  smile  smile

#8 05-06-2019 20:44:47

AYA
Banni(e)

MERCI ALAIN.....je viens de  reusir a trouver grace a toi.....encore un ami DFL qu'il me faut sur ce forum.....MERCI A VOUS TOUS pour vos CONSEILS en tous les cas....

#9 05-06-2019 20:44:56

Caribou22
Br3izhG33k =)
Site Web

"Whisker" is the name of the "start menu" in Xfce and in DFlinux wink (Alain explained you where to find the power settings.)

About DFlinux :
The goal of this project is to make Debian (and GNU/Linux generally) easier to install and use for beginners, using almost only tools and packages provided by Debian.
Members of Debian-Facile, including Alain and I, are currently working on the future version bases on Debian 10. Feedbacks are welcome and if you want to be involved, you are welcome here big_smile : https://debian-facile.org/viewtopic.php?id=24332

Quick answer about VSTHost : It looks like a specific music making software ? (I don't know that tongue ) Because of his specificity, i don't think it would be pre-installed in DFlinux, but we can help you to to that on your own installation smile

Edit : If your problem is solved, edit the first message and add [solved] or [résolu] to the title wink

Dernière modification par Caribou22 (05-06-2019 20:45:44)

#10 05-06-2019 20:51:29

Debian Alain
Membre
Site Web

well , aya , i also wonder :

are you american , canadian , british , scotish , english , ... ?

i wonder where do you come from ?

#11 05-06-2019 21:09:16

AYA
Banni(e)

Debian Alain a écrit :

well , aya , i also wonder :

are you american , canadian , british , scotish , english , ... ?

i wonder where do you come from ?

FRENCH ....excuse my french....lol n relol

#12 05-06-2019 21:16:41

otyugh
CA Debian-Facile
Lieu : Quimperlé/Arzano
Site Web

Comme quasi tout le monde ici.
Pourquoi écrire en anglais alors ? yikes

virtue_signaling.pngpalestine.png
~1821942.svg

#13 05-06-2019 21:29:11

AYA
Banni(e)

Caribou22 a écrit :

"Whisker" is the name of the "start menu" in Xfce and in DFlinux wink (Alain explained you where to find the power settings.)

About DFlinux :
The goal of this project is to make Debian (and GNU/Linux generally) easier to install and use for beginners, using almost only tools and packages provided by Debian.
Members of Debian-Facile, including Alain and I, are currently working on the future version bases on Debian 10. Feedbacks are welcome and if you want to be involved, you are welcome here big_smile : https://debian-facile.org/viewtopic.php?id=24332

Quick answer about VSTHost : It looks like a specific music making software ? (I don't know that tongue ) Because of his specificity, i don't think it would be pre-installed in DFlinux, but we can help you to to that on your own installation smile

Edit : If your problem is solved, edit the first message and add [solved] or [résolu] to the title wink

I am affraid...I cant be of much help to the new DFL version, as I have two left feets in computor mecanic science......but if u ponder my questions deep enough, u will get some clues as to where to improve it in a much SIMPLER USES, for great newbies....the key to understand...is :they are all lazies (not born in this compitor age) so they need lots of ICONES to CLICK on and it FUNCTION type of service...just like little kids....and if u can do this for DFL, u will soon have all the OLD PEOPLE, all the NON GEEKS, all the LAZIES like me ..... be interested in ur DFL....3/4 of the world population in fact....U are half way there...it is already VERY EASY TO INSTALL and USE, COMPARED TO MANY OTHER LINUX VERSIONS......

may be u could improve the INSTALL fact, that we need to TAKE OFF the USB INSTALL KEY right at first black screen after semi automatic installing (which last a second or less) before it RESTART ....because, if we dont do this, it restarts on the USB KEY....this is a lttle bug ennoying for newbies that dont know that trick in installing DFL.....may be u could add a warning to "" take off the USB key now ""...on the BLACK SCREEN..AFTER install....just a suggestion here.......BUT a colossal one to ease the USE of DFL for newbies.....

I dont know how many DELETED their interest in DFL because they did not know that TRICK of REMOVING just in time the USB INSTALL KEY after semi automatic INSTALL and before RESTART....

#14 05-06-2019 21:31:12

AYA
Banni(e)

otyugh a écrit :

Comme quasi tout le monde ici.
Pourquoi écrire en anglais alors ? yikes

passkeu, ca vous permet d'etre bons en anglais...le langage de l'informatic de base....LOL et RELOL.....et aussi passkeu je savais pas que DFL etait cree par des FRENCHIES....

#15 05-06-2019 21:36:35

AYA
Banni(e)

CARIBOU disait : "" Quick answer about VSTHost : It looks like a specific music making software ? (I don't know that tongue ) Because of his specificity, i don't think it would be pre-installed in DFlinux, but we can help you to to that on your own installation smile ""

I dont know why...I think I will have to do hard stuff in code lines to do this..... which sort of discourage me in advance.....with the possiblity of making my DFL unstable.....but go on, show me ur method to do this the best explained way possible...like u explain to a baby....(i know u guys use ur own language, that only the proz understand LOL)

#16 05-06-2019 21:42:33

Caribou22
Br3izhG33k =)
Site Web

Bon, on continue en Français du coup si tu n'y vois pas d'inconvénients ? big_smile Tout est en français sur le forum, je ne sais pas ce qui t'a fait croire que nous ne l'étions pas... tongue

Tes retours de débutants sont d'autant plus les bienvenus car DFlinux est faite pour ça dans la limite du raisonnable tongue (Sans tomber dans l'assistanat total.)
Je vais tester ton logiciel VSTHost avec Wine, car il n'est développé que pour Windows actuellement. Je te ferai un retour demain smile

Dernière modification par Caribou22 (05-06-2019 21:43:26)

#17 05-06-2019 21:47:54

Debian Alain
Membre
Site Web

AYA a écrit :

et aussi passkeu je savais pas que DFL etait cree par des FRENCHIES....

on doit la genèse de DFL à Arpinux , d'autres l'ont maintenu depuis et l'on fait évoluer .

mais oui , DFL est ... Français .

ne t'en déplaise ...

la dernière version , c'est DFL buster :

ma dernière iso

le projet DFL buster . le dernier en date (git)

nb: c'est un projet communautaire .
toutes les bonnes  volontés sont les bienvenues .
du simple avis ou commentaire jusque l'aide à la compilation et à l'ingénerie du projet .

#18 05-06-2019 21:50:38

AYA
Banni(e)

Caribou22 a écrit :

Bon, on continue en Français du coup si tu n'y vois pas d'inconvénients ? big_smile Tout est en français sur le forum, je ne sais pas ce qui t'a fait croire que nous ne l'étions pas... tongue

Tes retours de débutants sont d'autant plus les bienvenus car DFlinux est faite pour ça dans la limite du raisonnable tongue (Sans tomber dans l'assistanat total.)
Je vais tester ton logiciel VSTHost avec Wine, car il n'est développé que pour Windows actuellement. Je te ferai un retour demain smile

okdak

#19 05-06-2019 21:57:06

AYA
Banni(e)

adherent(e) disait """ nb: c'est un projet communautaire .
toutes les bonnes  volontés sont les bienvenues .
du simple avis ou commentaire jusque l'aide à la compilation et à l'ingénerie du projet ""

méheu, JE suis un NUL en informatic....j'ai 60ans...

#20 05-06-2019 22:07:57

Debian Alain
Membre
Site Web

et alors ? tu connais des choses auxquelles on ne pense pas ...

tu vois des choses que nous ne voyons pas .

tu comprends des choses tellement évidentes que nous les oublions , parfois .

et puis DFL est fait pour toi , puisque tu te crois un amateur .

c'est pour les gens comme toi qu'elle a été créée .

tes avis sont important pour nous .

n'hésite pas à les donner ... en Français .

moi même , techniquement , je ne suis pas à la hauteur .

pourtant , j'aide , un peu .

Dernière modification par Debian Alain (05-06-2019 22:12:28)

#21 05-06-2019 22:16:08

AYA
Banni(e)

Debian Alain a écrit :

et alors ? tu connais des choses auxquelles on ne pense pas ...

tu vois des choses que nous ne voyons pas .

tu comprends des choses tellement évidentes que nous les oublions , parfois .

et puis DFL est fait pour toi , puisque tu te crois un amateur .

c'est pour les gens comme toi qu'elle a été créée .

bon bé je continuerai a vous faire part de mes bugs, et ou de mes incomprehensions/questionnements, en rapport avec DFL......si ça peut vous aider.....mais bon j'en utilise que 10% le reste m'apparaissant comme du chinois.....plein de fonctionnalités que j'utilise jamais....là dessus....... mais bon c'est bon qu'elles soient là aussi, au cas où j'en ai besoin un jour....

#22 05-06-2019 22:26:15

Debian Alain
Membre
Site Web

#23 06-06-2019 01:30:23

AYA
Banni(e)

voila, je viens de faire ma premiere suggestion sous le lien que tu m'as donné ici.......

Pied de page des forums